ASOP Summer Opera Workshop provides the benefits of a world-class opera training program without the expense!
As a 501 (c) not-for-profit program, we keep costs affordable for every singer. We are a US based summer opera workshop that offers all of the benefits of an expensive European program, but at a price that every singer can afford. The workshop is limited to 25 to 30 singers in order to offer a one-on-one, personalized experience. There are no hidden fees or extras; everything listed below is included in the price of the workshop.
Lodging is in the beautiful dorms on the University of Central Oklahoma campus, and meals are held in the all-you-can eat dining hall, that offers many healthy options.
The High School program will be limited to 10 participants. This program will include all classes held during their workshop with the rest of the participants. They will also be featured in an art song evening and an opera scene evening. They will live in a dorm dedicated to their workshop, with onsite supervision by an ASOP faculty member who has passed a NC background check, as required by Wake Forest University.
- Master classes with Dr. Barbara DeMaio, Richard Heard and other professionals
- Stage and Audition Make-up
- What to look for in a headshot
- How to decide if you need management
- Classes on opera history and great singers of the past and present
- Movement classes
- Alexander Technique with Dr. Ann Rhodes
- Staged opera scenes chosen expressly for the students in the program
- Fully staged and costumed opera in Italian with English recitatives and three casts
- A recital of staged arias for all participants in the program
- Exposure to professionals involved in all aspects of an operatic career
- Private coachings with world-famous coaches
- Mock auditions
- Participation in an organization that provides ongoing support and networking opportunities for participants
- Performance opportunities in ASOP-sponsored events for all alumni of our summer opera workshop